Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1 - Empty Me

It is once again time to add a scripture to your spiral! If we are determined to make this a Jesus year we must continue to learn our scripture and hold each other accountable. One of the reasons I wanted to enlist others was so you would hold ME accountable, and I plan on doing the same for you. This was not a resolution I decided to make, this is a commitment!
On another note! Most of you have heard Chris Sligh's "Empty Me", and it is worth listening to again. My prayer this blog is that we can all be emptied of the things that get in our way of having a closer relationship with Him so we can "be filled to the fullness of God".

4 comments:

  1. Ephesians 3:19 (NIV) "And to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all of the fullness of God."
    This is a reminder that I must seek Him everyday to be filled with the fullness that only a relationship with Christ can bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “And don’t sin by letting anger control you. Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry”
    (Ephesians 4:26, NLT0
    This is one that really spoke to me. I caqn have qa short fuse sometimes and this helps me control it better and to seek forgiveness or be forgiving before the issue becomes some sort of deep set grudge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy”
    (I Peter 1:8, NIV).
    I HAD to share this during this Holy Week. I hope your Easter is filled with inexpressible joy as we honor and reflect on those that were there to see Jesus at His death and resurrection and most importantly, the Paschal Lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowlege in the mystery of Christ." (Ephesians 3:4)
    Without school to keep me on schedule I must remember to schedule my time to read my bible. May we all stay rooted in the word this summer.

    ReplyDelete