Sunday, July 12, 2009

Laundromat Ministries

I have not been keeping up with this blog because everyone quit posting their scripture and I got discouraged. I have now decided to just post random thoughts here and my thoughts for the day are on the Laundromat Ministry that I participated in!

I started at one Laundromat where most of the people spoke Spanish!! No problem, right? Especially since I took 2 days of conversational Spanish ! Well, I would have to remember what I learned for me to use it and that wasn't happening today!! Thank goodness, David was in our group and he spoke Espanol!! Then I ended up moving to another where more people were needed to help.

People just didn't know what to think when you walked over and started dropping coins in their machine while trying to explain that you were there to serve them and you wanted to bless them by paying for their washing today! Some would think that they had accidentally taken your machine and start to take their clothes out. One lady got teary eyed and said she was so blessed by the generosity. One man wanted to know if we could help him get to Mexico to see his dying dad and one of the elders of the church was actually trying to do that! It was such a blessing to see everyone out there serving others and the community!

It was really a blessing to me when some of the men went to the local mission and brought over a couple of car loads of people who needed to do their clothes. It was heartbreaking listening to some of them tell their stories, but how great to spend time with them and get to know some of them!

This is definitely something I would do again!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful personification of Christ's lessons you are. I, too, have been discouraged by a lack of postings. I am still here reading when you feel like blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete